Thursday, February 18, 2010

Patiently waiting…

So obviously my GPS classes were over and done with a while back, but I wanted to let everyone know where I am at this point in the process. Basically everything has been done that needs to be done on my end. My case study and home study are complete, all of my paperwork has been turned in, and now it’s just waiting on the fingerprint results. For some reason the department of education doesn’t share, or I could have been approved a long time ago, but alas, I wait. I received an email today stating that the fingerprint results should be in by next week. Once the Alabama Baptist Children’s Home receives them they will give me a call stating that I have been officially approved as a foster parent☺ YAY!

I have decided to start out doing respite, or emergency care at first. I think it would benefit not only me, but the child I might get for more than a night or weekend if I have some sort of experience before jumping in full time. I really still have no idea how this respite thing will work, but from what I’ve been told I could get a call at any point night or day to take a child for a night, or multiple nights or a week or a weekend. Since there are SO MANY families from my church who will be getting foster children, ideally I would like to try & team up with a family & consistently keep their foster child when they need respite care. That way I could build a relationship with a child and see how it goes with them visiting me regularly. I will of course take children at random, but in my “perfect world” this is how it would work majority of the time☺

I am very excited & pray continually for the child or children that may come into my life and how I can impact them with Christ’s love, but please continue to pray for me as I wait. The longer it takes for me to get “approved” the more I question, not necessarily if this is something that I can do, but I guess just anxious about how this is all going to work out. Right now I do what I want, when I want…simple things like running to the store, going to small group, working out, and doing things with friends are going to have to be methodically planned out. Just want to hurry up and get this going so I can see how it will really be!

Of course, when I read Katie’s blog (Kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com-please read her last post it is WONDERFUL!) I want to kick myself for even thinking how having a foster child on a short-term basis might inconvenience my world. I know that ultimately it will be one of the best things I could ever be apart of! Which makes me want to sing. . .

All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all…

All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

I surrender all…

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you. So excited to see how God is going to work in your life and the lives of the children that will be in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so awesome that you are totally surrendering to Christ and letting Him use you to help children. I know He will bless you throughout this journey, through ups and downs, and I'm sure your life will be changed dramatically! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete