Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Class #2

We did a lot of role-playing for last nights class! Almost everyone had a role, and I was a 2-year-old little girl:) It was really interesting to see an actual situation played out, and how this can really impact a child. I didn't have much of a part since I couldn't really talk (hence why I picked the 2-year-old), but it really made you think about how everyone involved is effected from the biological parents, to the social worker, to the foster parents, but mainly the child or children. The 6-year-old in the scenario was abused, and taken into foster care. Even though the foster family was nice, she still wanted to be with her family no matter what they'd done to her. They say this is always the case. I am really trying to put myself in the child's shoes and see how I would feel if I was placed in a stranger's home. The person leading the class kept saying "It's by the grace of God that more of us haven't been in this situation ourselves." It's so hard to even try and imagine...

On a side note, one of the women who lead our class told me that her first dog was named Miranda (random) and every dog she's had after that had Miranda in the name somewhere...I know.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! so much to think about. Its hard to think about putting yourself in the child's shoes. As terrible as it sounds... i don't want to think about it:-( Praying for you.
    Yes, I've always wanted a dog name miranda too:-):-):-) KIDDING!!

    ReplyDelete