Thursday, March 25, 2010

Answered Prayer:)

God is sooooo good! My time with my first foster child was such a neat, fun, funny, and learning experience:) About 15 minutes after I picked her up, she asked if I had thought about adoption...my heart melted. She was very easy to talk to and was very agreeable with everything I suggested about our weekend plans. We went to Wal-Mart and bought foods she liked. She's a very creative child...we mixed peanut butter cookies and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies together...it wasn't too bad! She also accidentally forwarded all my calls on Saturday...oh the things that can happen when you bring a child into your world! I kept her busy with lots of activities...most of which she enjoyed (besides the hiking). We went to the movies, went bowling, had a picnic at the park, went hiking at Oak Mountain, went to church, and before I took her back on Sunday we went to my parent's. She loved playing with my niece:) It is so amazing to see Him provide exactly what I had been praying for...a child who needed encouragement and praise and family:) A child that I will be able to consistently build a relationship with...she should be able to stay with me one weekend a month. A child who needs an adult to love her and a sense of belonging. I can't go into much detail about her past or present, but please pray that God continually surrounds her with people who can encourage her on a path to follow Him:)

1 comment:

  1. Mir, that's awesome! I have been wondering how it went and sent you a message on Facebook last week. I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete